Does your direct selling business reflect you? Is it a business that agrees with your core values? Even though you are an independent consultant you should realize you personally have a BRAND. You are not just representing the company, the direct sales company is giving you a reputation too. It’s your name who is going out and making those contacts. You want to make sure the mission of your direct sales business matching you.
1-2-3 of Branding Yourself
1. You could have signed up with any direct sales company why did you choose to sign up with the one you are representing now? You’ve chosen to partner with them to help you reach personal success. The company you have chosen to partnered with, it also tied to your BRAND. Start with being clear on who you want to serve. Ask yourself specifice questions on who your ultimate client or customer is, Who, What, Where, When, How and Why.
Target Audience: Who, What, Where, When, How and Why!!
- What are their demographics? (e.g. Age, income, occupation, geographic)
- What do they believe?
- What do they hope for?
- What are they afraid of?
- What are their behaviors? (e.g. joining certain organizations, reading habits)
- What are their biggest needs or challenges?
- How do they find solutions to these? (e.g. on the web, offline)?
- Why do you serve them?
- Where are these people?
- What do they do for a living?
Once you are clear on who you want to serve then you can start to market yourself and your products/company. Then you’ll know who your customer is. Don’t be make your ideal customers too broad. If you think it is everyone then you can’t effectively serve everyone, but if you serve a specific audience you can have clear vision on meeting the needs of your clients.
2.Now you know your customer you can begin to share information about the type of business you represent. Share helpful information and facts about your related industry. If you are in skin care, discuss common skin care problems people have. Offer some helpful advice on how to treat or cure these problems. If you product is food or cookware provide great recipes that busy women can try. Social media is a great place to share information.BRAND yourself as an expert. Don’t just post on facebook that you have another great sale on a widget, tell me why this widget will make my life better. There is always a problem and then a solution. Tell me why & how don’t just give me a marketing pitch.
3. Another place to BRAND yourself is with your team. Do you have a team name, a team culture? It’s not just the company you are with it’s about the TEAM you have. The name should have meaning to it and when you come together for meetings and trainings it should be about your team spirit. WHOO HOO!! To be a part of your BRAND and team environment is really important for the longevity of your business building. If you BRAND yourself you will become the authority & people will want to partner with you and your team.
To your SUCCESS!
Become a FAN: Click Here
Michelle Gill NewtonBlessings Unlimited, brand, direct sales, encourage, home business, inspiration, michellegillnewton, support, work from home